It’s been a while. I finally have some time for game projects again and dug this one out from the archives. Plan on finishing it within the next month. A lot has changed. I’m currently soloing the game development and trying to pick up the programming side of things (as I am an artist first, developer second- a very distant second!) Fortunately most of the core mechanics are already in place and the additional features polishing should be within my skill level ( I think!)
There’s been updates in the UI and overall look of the game, with some major gameplay additions since the last update.
- Swipe or tap to move character.
- The character now auto lands at the end of each platform without you having to tap – we found this made for a smoother gameplay.
- HAPPY ACCIDENT. Because of the auto land, players have a new obstacle. If two platforms are at the same level to each other, character automatically auto lands, which means you have to find a another path. I felt this gave an extra dimension to the gameplay.
- Two types of falling Obstacles. Small types can be avoided, but Large types cannot, although they do come with a red warning.
- Obstacles have been tweaked to a slightly slower speed, again for smoother gameplay.
- Camera moves up faster over time.
- POWER UPS! Each character you unlock has a unique power up you can use that will either get you more coins or help you get a higher score.
- Power ups are activated as you collect power up coins throughout each play through and last a set period of time.
Some characters don’t exactly have power ups, but special attributes. For example, Monkey King has a 5% chance of – multiplying all collected coins by 1.5 at the end of a playthrough.
- Timed rewards. Daily coin rewards/ power up boosters.
- Daily objectives with rewards.
- Possibility of upgrading each character’s power up.
I downloaded an asset for the timed stuff from the Unity Asset Store, so just a case of figuring out how to hook it up in the way I wanted it to work. So far I’ve used it for showing reward ads every hour (or the rewarded coins would be spammed, defeats the point of the game).
The plan is to finish the game within the month, wish me luck!